Last week, i took off for a week and went to Perhentian Island to chill with my dad. I've been here once with three of my friends (3 Hafizs) last year and it was such a gorgeous place. So I figured I should take my dad there just for a quality-time-father-and-son-vacation. I'm not gona describe more about the place, just let the pictures tell you the story. For those who never been there, there are a few tips I would like to offer:
- You'll get cheaper price if u book earliear and look for the package. Go in groups as you'll get even cheaper.
- Two ways to go there, by plane or bus. I recomend taking the plane , less bumpier and less time (50 minutes vs 7 hours). Both should stop at Kota Bahru, from there you'll need to take a cab to Kuala Besut jetty (45 minutes trip). It should cost you only 40-50 ringgit. Don't pay if its more than that.
- You can check-in into cheap motel around KB, there's one that situated right opposite the cab station for only 65 ringgit per night.
- Boat transfer cost you 40 ringgit per trip per pax, if you take package, they all should be included.
- Bring a lot of water and lotion; u dont wanna risk of getting skin cancer and the water quality there is really poor. You don't want to get dehydrated under the scorching hot sun.
- You can rent snorkling gears for mask : RM 10, life jacket: RM 5. Now they forbid using fin or flipper coz a lot of the coral are dying. If u wanna go snorkling spots hopping, you have to pay RM 40 per trip and they usually have twice a day at perhentian besar.
- Have fun...
Please view my facebook if wanna checkout more pictures...send an email if you have any question at email@example.com. Enjoy!!